Social Psychology


This semester, I enrolled one social psychology class and I really learned a lot. Some interesting topics I found are pretty helpful and useful for my personal life and my relationship between others.

Groups 
In our daily life, groups are closely related with different social relationships. Groups affect individual behavior and performance. A task cohesion is to make sure everyone works hard and heavily involves performing tasks of the group. Task cohesion appears when everyone all agrees to focus on doing the task. However, some members in the group may ignore teamwork and do their own things. This behavior is considered as revolutionary coalition which is defined as an alliance of members who oppose the existing group leadership.

Relationships
Relationships happen everywhere in our life. We need to spend much thinking and make efforts to deal with all kinds of social relationships. There are several factors and processes help us developing and contributing the growth of relationship. Once people begin interacting with one another, these interactions are greatly effected by factors such as self-disclosure, independence, love and marriage.

Altruism 
We all encounter problems and obstacles everyday. That's why we need to seek help. A behavior of helping others without any rewards is usually called altruism. The best-known result of studies of altruistic behavior is the bystander effect. Bystander effect is a widely replicated finding that individuals less likely to help when there are more bystanders. Low cost and modeling are two potential factors to help people get help from others. For example, in class, if one student mentions she or he needs to borrow notes, another student will have extremely large possibility to help this student.

From this social psychology, I've learned social skills which tend to help me greatly deal with interpersonal relationship. Although most lessons are based on researches and studies, these theories give me hints and clues to help me deal with my social issues and help me solve complexity of human relationships. 

Comments