Friends Forever

When I was in high school, my oral English teacher told me watching US TV series is a good way to get access to American local culture. My teacher recommended one of her favorite US sitcoms to us. Friends, a typical primetime television series runs 10 seasons, features six close friends in the heart of New York city. Rachel, Monica, Ross, Joey, Chandler, and Phoebe are all great friends even though they are all different in personality and they have different jobs, different social identity, and different life problems they struggle with. The original reason I watched Friends is curiousness and I want to know why my teacher watches it over and over again. Previous episodes are not that fascinating to me, so I spend a few times to start and give up and then start again. Once I gradually watch more episodes, I fall in love with it and I usually watch one episode once a day.
Most people argue that it is not possible to have friends as close as they have, but I am still ceaselessly moved by their friendship and love.

It is relaxed and humorous
Every epidose in Friends is plain funny. Watching it always makes me laugh and helps me forget bad things I have. Even though I've watched full seasons before. Every time I watch it again, I still feel happy and a sense of relief. It also gives a feeling of truth because every character is not perfect and has its own flaws. Six friends are like everyone's friends.


It never gets boring 
Details in Friends are intricate and not simple. Story lines never get unrealistic and outlandish. Their daily life is real but not boring. It doesn't have complex plots but it has dramatic properties.

It reminds me valued friendship
Every time I watch Friends, I can't help missing my friends. Even if sometimes I have tiff with my friends, I will always remember how important they mean to me and how much effort they give to me when I need friends. Even though I haven't had a romantic relationship with anyone, I still believe in true love and I am hopeful about future.

I hope you can have a hearty laugh after watching Friends.


Comments