Costa Rica

I spent a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation in Costa Rica. I booked my flight with two friends together. We departed November 20 from St. Louis. After few hours sleep on the plane and another 30 minute ride into downtown, we finally arrived at hotel. We were all exhausted and immediately collapsed into bed...


Day 1: La Paz Waterfall Gardens


La Paz is only one-hour ride from San Jose. Trails of La Paz waterfalls go through five cascading waterfalls. The La Paz Waterfall is one of the most beautiful and most famous waterfalls in Costa Rica. We followed hiking trails into forest and enjoyed different angles of waterfalls by standing in series of viewing platforms. 

We strolled along towards trails and discovered various types of wildlife. A number of butterflies were flying overhead. Tiny frogs run around forest. Different colored birds, hummingbirds, and snakes were all over the place which I don't know their names. Those different types of orchids and epiphytes can be seen everywhere. I was deeply attracted by nature.


Day 2: White Water Rafting

This is the first time for me to experience rafting. Before real rafting, tour guide gave us a detailed training which made me a little bit nervous. I realized there was no enough protection and I worried what I could do if I fell into water. The leader gave us life vests, helmets, rafts and paddles and then we were ready to adventure. Rafting experience ranged from class II to class V rapids, as well as  waterfalls and scenery on the way. Picnic along the river was very delicious. Rafting was much more tired but also much more excited than I expected before. I finally fell in love with this extreme sport. Our clothes were all wet and we were tired out.

Day 3: Zipline  


Zipline is my favorite! I am a big big fun! I love a feeling of flying and I would love to discover mystery. We walked in the jungle and rain dropped on our face and our body. We pathed through forest in proper order. We were all talking and laughing all the way.


I was terrified when I was swinging in the sky because I can clearly feel my heart beating so fast and I couldn't open my eyes. It reminded me of a feeling of riding roller coaster. I was so happy I overcame that fear!






Day 4: Volcano Hot Spring



The last day before departure was the most relaxing day I've had all the week. We spent the day at Costa Rica's top hot springs. Tabacón was one of the first hot springs resorts in the Arenal region. The natural beauty was amazing and hot spring helped us relax all muscles. Tabacon Resort Hot Springs offered us a fancy dinner. We had a really good sleep at that night.


Postscript: This trip has already engraved in my heart. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Thanks to friends for their company! Thanks nature and thanks everything! I will never forget this travel.


Comments