S.

Image result for ship of theseus book

If you are a big fun of whodunit and you are passionate about details and theorizing, S. might be a special book written for you. S. is the abbreviation of Ship of Theseus written by fictitious author known as "V.M. Straka." S. is a novel within a novel. S. consists of more than ten characters along with its inserts, illustration, and translator foreword and footnotes. Inside the book, all pages are got faded effect and all details make the book looks like a immemorial book which was forgotten for a long time. It gives me a feeling of an authentic period book when I first touched the book. The best part of the book for me is that all comments and footnotes are handwritten rather than typography which makes me feel sincerity and familiarity. Main contents of Ship of Theseus describe two students who are Eric and Jennifer and they have been exchanging perspectives and thoughts with each other. They spent few years replacing the book and left the book on the shelf of univeristy library to allow others to read. "Initially their thoughts are about the identity of the mysterious author Straka, but gradually the pair fall for each other and their notes become more personal," from a book review from inndependent.co.uk.

The most amazing part and most incredible thing of the book is decoding. Ship of Theseus has countless items inserted between the pages of the book, campus newsletters, postcards, hand-written letters, photographs, telegrams and a map apparently hand-drawn on a coffeehouse napkin. My favorite part of Ship and Theseus is taking notes while reading because all different locations, strange names, and abstract details are big challenges for a beginning reader. It always gives me a sense of being in another time and place while reading this book. The first time when I read the book, I have thousands of doubts and mystery. When I looked backward, I found every doubt becomes more and more clear after I finished more chapters. I still haven't finish the book. I have spent several months to read Ship of Theseus. This is a magic book for me. Most famous book review websites give positive comments of the book. 

This youtube video might make you be more interested in S.







Comments