More Than A Planner

What is your goal this year? Read a new book? Learn something new? Or travel alone in a foreign country? How do you achieve these goals? My answer is organization. If you are a person like me who is not good at self-management, a planner could be a best choice for you to keep your life organized and moving forward smoothly.


I bought my first weekly Filofax planner two years ago. The layouts of weekly planners usually have two pages which means lighter and less space than daily planners. I have found that weekly planner is the most suitable planner for me because it helps me keep most important things in mind and I do not want to spend too much time on writing and decorating. For me, a planner is not only a good helper for my study and busy daily life, it helps me release pressure and discover my creativity. I love using stickers, tapes and doodle to make my planner colorful. 


Why keeping a planner is important for me?

Set aside time
I like to break down days into hours or smaller pieces to help me schedule enough time and finish my tasks on time because when I leave things until last minute, I feel so nervous. I check progress any time to help me get ready to work and reserve specific times for really important tasks.
Improve my punctuality
To-do list is always my favorite friend. I prioritize every taskes and finish them from top to bottom. I use check list to set a reminder allowing me finish tasks step by step. I feel huge sense of accomplishment when I cross every task off my list.
Time management
Even though one day only has 24 hours, a good plan helps me waste less time and gain more free time. I even write down what time I need to go to bed and how much water I need to drink each day to help me get into a good habit.


Here is a great video which might give you hints and tips about how to use a planner to organize your life if you are interested.


Comments